Proposal to close Steeple Bumpstead GP Surgery
Have your say on the proposal to close Steeple Bumpstead branch surgery
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the Steeple Bumpstead Surgery building has not been utilised since early 2020. Patients are being supported remotely with consultations at Clements Surgery in Haverhill if they need to be seen face to face, where social distancing and infection control measures are in place to ensure they can be seen safely. The Steeple Bumpstead building is small and limited in the provision it can offer, and it is felt that patients who were originally registered at the surgery now have access to better quality healthcare at the main Clements Surgery site, approximately four miles away. With this in mind, we would like to gather the views of our patients and the local community about our proposal to permanently close the Steeple Bumpstead branch surgery and to continue providing a full range of quality healthcare services for all patients from the Clements site.
The engagement exercise will run between August 23 and October 11 and seek views on any possible impact this would have on patients transferred to Unity Healthcare from the Steeple Bumpstead Surgery and other patients in Unity Healthcare’s catchment area.
Two online events are being held to provide an opportunity for people to hear more information and the background to the proposal, and to ask questions:
• Monday September 6 from 6.30pm to 7.30pm Click HERE to Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 828 4581 7966 Passcode: 243769
• Thursday September 9 from 10.30am to 11.30am Click HERE to Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 830 1760 5749 Passcode: 503670
All feedback received during the engagement exercise will be considered by Unity Healthcare prior to a final decision being made on the proposal.
Feedback closing date: Monday October 11, 2021
• Please click HERE to let us know your comments and concerns by filling in our patient survey.
• Please click HERE to view our Q&As.
• A limited number of printed information sheets (including Q&As) and our patient survey are available at the Clements Surgery reception desk for anyone without internet access.
• You can also write to Laura Lyons, Service Manager, Unity Healthcare, Greenfields Way, Haverhill, Suffolk CB9 8LU
• Your feedback can also be shared with Healthwatch Suffolk and Healthwatch Essex,
independent bodies set up to shape and influence local NHS and social care services: Healthwatch Suffolk: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01449 703949 Healthwatch Essex: email email@example.com or call 0300 500 1895 For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com